Wednesday, July 1, 2015

K Classroom Tour 2013-4

Here is my kindergarten classroom the first week of school 2013-14. I love the bright colors, owls, and zebra border.

Each table has a color name so they can look at the pom poms above to know which group they are in.
I use my calendar bulletin board every day, but I have the kids follow along with me on the Smartboard while they write in their Calendar Books.


I had this up for Daily 5 when I first started it in my classroom, but ended up never using it. It wasn't appropriate for kindergarten.

My table group points tally chart
I give a point to the group that is following directions, keeping their table clean, working quietly, etc. On Friday, they get a treat or special reward.


 Build Math centers
We did one math center a day and rotated.


Bucket filler pom poms
If someone does something nice for someone else, they can tell what it is at the end of the day, and they get a pom pom in their "bucket".


Lost and Found and Book Hospital

Religion shelf and supplies
 Science Center
  
My Classroom Library
Books are leveled AA-C, and we use red and yellow dots for first grade level books.

Listening Center 
They can listen to tapes, CD's, iPods, or a Leap Pad.


Cubbies for bookbags and lunch boxes
I labeled each basket with their names. They put their daily snack in the basket so it would be easy to find at snack time.
Daily 5 Rotation Chart

 Writing Center
 Lunch Count Board
 Specials Chart
I printed these off of TPT.
 Behavior Clip Chart
I printed this off of TPT.Pink clips are girls and blue clips are boys. I had to cut the top of the chart off because the children were always sad if I didn't move them above green even though green is good.
This is where we put our binders every day. We separate the boys and the girls.

 Work boxes and journals
Word Wall
I made these cards myself on colorful printer paper, laminated, and added a magnet on the back so it would stick to my whiteboard.






 Writing Center

Reading and Math Small Group Table
I made those crate seats by myself. I love the way they look. The children do trip on them sometimes so they have to be careful.


A Writer's Eye tree
I printed this off of TPT.
 My class Smart Board and carpet area
I made sure each child can see the Smartboard and word wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment